Financial Institutions, Banking
and Debt Financing
Our goal is to provide you with quality legal services, state of the art expertise, timely service, fast turnaround, open communications and fair pricing.
When a transaction or situation at its core involves a party lending money and a party borrowing money, whatever the nuances or variations, we almost certainly have the expertise to address any issues arising from it. Attorneys at Strategy Law have extensive experience in all aspects of loan structuring, debt negotiations, documentation, problem loan issues and workouts. Our clients include financial institutions, commercial loan borrowers, commercial finance companies, credit unions, investors, landlords, factors, specialty lenders and high net worth individual investors and lenders. Our expertise includes financing transactions secured by real estate and business assets, asset based loans (ABL), convertible debt and numerous variations of each of these. We are very familiar with troubled debt situations, lender liability issues, forbearance agreements and enforcement efforts concerning problem loans.
We have assisted clients in the following matters:
- Loan structuring and loan documentation.
- Comprehensive loan documentation for asset based loans, real estate secured loans, construction loans and unsecured loans.
- Complex borrowing base and advance formulas involving (a) accounts receivable, inventory, revenue formulas, and use of subfeatures, and (b) real estate collateral.
- Commercial mortgage backed security loans and related issues.
- Commercial real estate financings under Fannie Mae-Freddie Mac guidelines and requirements.
- Second Lien financing.
- Technology financing.
- Mezzanine debt.
- Guarantees and support provided by third parties.
- Intercreditor agreements and subordination agreements.
- Loan sales and loan participations.
- Deposit and payment issues under Articles 3 and 4 of the UCC.
- Letter of credit transactions.
- Financing for aircraft and other unique collateral.
- Warrants and equity agreements.
- Attacking and defending security interests under Article 9 of the UCC.
- Negotiations and work-outs of problem loan transactions.
- Forbearance agreements.
- Loan agreement and promissory note enforcement and collection.
- Judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Representation of creditors in Bankruptcy cases.
Why Choose Strategy Law?
- We are a boutique firm and this is one of the core areas of our practice. You will be dealing directly with a senior partner. To accommodate the need for timely and efficient services we also use a team approach, which includes experienced associates and paralegals.
- We are educators in the field as well seasoned practitioners. We have developed and given seminars and programs for the State Bar of California, the Risk Management Association and institutional lender clients as well as publishing papers concerning finance and lending issues in professional journals including The Banking Law Journal.
- We have direct line-lending experience and bring a practical, business-oriented approach to the issues raised. We understand the client’s issues and concerns.
- As a boutique firm, we are in a position to work with you to structure fees and pricing so you receive cost-effective representation.
For more information and to make an appointment, contact Strategy Law, LLP at (408) 478-4100.